My stories of jewelry making, spinning, knitting, and all things fibery.



Sunday, November 21, 2010

Last Remnants of Autumn


The fallen leaves have dried and curled and the perennials wait, naked and brown for a blanket of frosty snow. Only the rocks around my house stand unchanged through the seasons. Their quiet energy remains a constant reminder of the grace and power of mother earth.

Some of us shut down as the winter season begins and some of us are energized by the excitement and bustle of the coming holidays. I am a hibernator. I don't like the early darkness or the cold. My thoughts have already wandered past Christmas celebrations and on to spring.

Fresh new designs are in the works for Stone and Fiber. I am anxiously awaiting the lighter colors and fabrics that will appear on retail racks. But until then I will take a few weeks to spin and dye some yarn for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment