My stories of jewelry making, spinning, knitting, and all things fibery.



Tuesday, November 16, 2010

An End to This Beautiful Lace



My ivory Shetland wool lace scarf is now complete and I can't wait to see how well the pattern looks after it is blocked and stretched. I didn't make it one of those mile long mufflers, so I had about a skein and a half left over. Just enough to make a pair of fingerless gloves. Working for the first time with DPNs (double pointed needles) was relatively painless and I finished one of the pair in a few hours.


It was very enjoyable knitting - to see the shape taking place rather quickly. I would have liked to work a repeat or two of the scarf pattern on the top of the glove, but I'm not quite that good yet with pattern improvisation.

No comments:

Post a Comment