My stories of jewelry making, spinning, knitting, and all things fibery.



Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Trying My Hand at Tile Work

I have often been intrigued by tile work but have been hesitant to try.  With my house in a mess for months now due to some ongoing remodeling, I have decided I need a pretty oasis somewhere to collect myself and regain my sanity.  My sights have been turned to my tiny outdoor deck, truly in need of a facelift and a tile topped table!

I purchased a simple parsons table at a local big box store and added a quarter round molding edge using my trusty miter box, wood glue,  finishing nails and a hammer.  The molding frame will make a finished edge for the tile when completed. 

Next I spray painted it with two coates of almond semi gloss paint.

The tiles were cut to fit and put aside while a thick coat of tile adhesive was spread evenly over the table's surface.  The tile sheets were pressed firmly and evenly into the adhesive.

The project was left to dry for twenty four hours.



Next post ~ grouting and finishing!

No comments:

Post a Comment