My stories of jewelry making, spinning, knitting, and all things fibery.



Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Too Many Stitches on the Needles?







Is it possible to have too many projects going at once? Or should I be asking myself...why don't you ever finish anything?

Four projects are in various stages, although two will most likely be for Stone and Fiber. I am running out of cable needle extensions, so I will have to finish one completely and quit this jumping back and forth nonsense. Well... two can be worked in front of the TV or on road trips, but the lace scarf, usually a lunch hour project and the cabled vest require a lot more paying of attention.

There are currently six fleeces...shhhhhhh...in random conditions in the closet. Only two need scouring. They are all thinking about what they want to be. And then there is the 23 Year Quilt.
I haven't told you about that one? Oh boy. In the fall of 1986 I decided to make a pieced patchwork quilt and sew EVERY STITCH BY HAND in order to feel what it was to be a pioneer woman. I remember shopping for the fabrics with my infant son. The quilt top is finished, pinned and the quilting started...all without a sewing maching as promised. My son was 24 this past July. My pioneer family would have frozen to death.

No comments:

Post a Comment