My stories of jewelry making, spinning, knitting, and all things fibery.



Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Rocks Around My House












Anyone that knows me knows I love rocks and stones. Always have. I collect them, bring them home from faraway places and people give them to me as gifts. For years my kids have given me rocks...just because, and I treasure them all. Sometimes I even have one or two in my car.

Maybe I have such a fondness for rocks because I feel that they are as close to the earth as you can get. Rocks have a strong but peaceful energy. They're everywhere and most of us have no idea how old they are.

Last summer I took a day trip to Howe Caverns http://www.howecaverns.com/ in upstate New York. I was truly in rock heaven at 156 feet underground. When I closed my eyes I felt like Mother Earth was giving me a giant hug.




No comments:

Post a Comment