My stories of jewelry making, spinning, knitting, and all things fibery.



Monday, August 5, 2013

Twenty Five Pounds ...and Gone so Quickly...

My last fleece buying trip, way back in the spring yielded a whopping twenty-five pounds of raw fiber.  Now just a few short months later it's almost all gone.  Only one mega fleece, Harry, remains.  He is an eleven pounder and I plan to roll up my sleeves and dig in very soon.

I've been creating at a feverish pitch for the last several months in an effort to ensure a well stocked booth for my fall line up of shows and fairs.  I have some new venues arranged including the famous Warwick Applefest in Orange County, NY.

My new line of Stone and Fiber knitwear will debut in the shop on August 4th and at the first festival in Port Jervis in September.  As you might have guessed it's been dyed, spun and knitted by me. 

I've also got a line of sterling silver and stone earrings in the works, but that's another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment