My stories of jewelry making, spinning, knitting, and all things fibery.



Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I See Spring Peeking Through

My crocus and daffodil bulbs are starting to make their way through the mulch.  The lavender bush looks as it did before the snow, but some of the other perennials may not have made it through this tough Hudson Valley winter. It's still too early to tell.

My vision this year for my garden oasis (aka my tiny deck) can be summed up in three words...hot pink and bulbs.  I've decided to try a bold one color scheme for maximum impact.  I have varieties of dahlia, astilbe,oriental lilies and coneflower awaiting fresh white pots and warm soil.  Of course there will be the usual herbs...basil, chives, sage, rosemary and mint. 

I hope my sunny yellow coreopsis has made it through.  I don't have quite enough harvested blooms frozen for the natural pale yellow dye I intend to tint a skein or two of Stella with.  That project will have to wait until June or July.  I'm off to take inventory of the ceramic pots from last year...another addiction of mine!

2 comments:

  1. I bet all that pink is going to be gorgeous! I can't wait to see the photos!
    ~Michele
    Barkingbirds.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete