My stories of jewelry making, spinning, knitting, and all things fibery.



Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Spring...please come soon.

At the day job, the primroses and bulb plants are beginning to arrive.  As I fill up the baskets and add the bows, something just doesn't seem right.  Every year the winter and the snow seem to last longer, and the cold bothers me more.  I don't think I would want to live anywhere else other than where I do because the four seasons are so different here, but this year the winter in the northeast has been tough.

The black slouchy hat is finally finished and is a big hit.   And a perfect fit after many pattern changes.  I'm starting another one in a pink champaign shade of medium weight bamoo.  Perhaps an addition to the spring line for Stone and Fiber.  There was almost a whole skein of alpaca left over so I whipped up a little neckwarmer for myself.  The soft lusciousness of this fiber makes me think of the chocolate alpaca fleece that I purchased last October at Rhinebeck, from the Never Ending Alpaca Farm in Portville, N.Y.   Mmmmmm can't wait to spin that up.


No comments:

Post a Comment