My stories of jewelry making, spinning, knitting, and all things fibery.



Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thermostat Wars!

The little number on the wall never seems to be able to make everyone happy at the same time.  I'm usually walking about wrapped up in one of my knitted shawls (except for when a hot flash strikes) and Jody is always ready to open up a window.  The floors always feel drafty to me so I whipped up a few simple draft dodgers with fabric scraps and a bag of kitty litter. I cut wide fabric strips, folded them in half and stitched across one end and up the open side.  Next the strips were turned right side out and filled with dust free litter to within an inch of the open ends.

 A few quick hand stitches to close them up and they were placed in the sliding door tracks.  Hope they make a difference.

We'll see what this weekend holds as the weatherman is predicting a very cold next three days. I know I will be cranking the electric blanket to 10!

No comments:

Post a Comment